Paton & Mayr Lawyers and Partners provide the full range of Spanish conveyancing required for the purchase and sale of Spanish residential properties. This enables us to provide a higher quality of service to our clients in order to ensure that any purchase of Spanish property generates the maximum possible advantages for the purchaser.
We constantly analyse the main criteria for purchase of a property required by the Spanish legal system. The conveyancing process in Spain is complex because there are many parties and steps involved: the seller, their legal representative, the real estate agent, the accountant, a notary public, the registrar, utilities companies, the town hall of the municipality, etc.
We have demonstrated experience in assisting both purchasers and sellers and we always offer the cheapest solution.
Our relationship with the bigger Spanish banks help us to obtain the best financial outcome for our clients when obtaining mortgages.
Our range of services extends across:
- – Application for fiscal person identification number in Spain- NIE number.
- – Preparation of documentation for Power of Attorney.
- – We verify the urban classification of the Land and planning permission and local license.
- – Obtaining a property register report. Basically, checking that the property is free from debts and there is not any outstanding tax.
- – Completion of all necessary searches regarding the legal status of the Property.
- – Agreeing terms and conditions of the contract for sale and purchase.
- – Checking the fiscal value of the property for tax purposes.
- – Filing and lodging taxes before Inland Revenue.
- – Management and preparation of all documentation regarding the community of property owners
- – Arranging the mortgage with the Bank and obtaining the best interest rates, terms, etc. for the purchasers.
- – Make preparations at the Notary Public before signing the title deed.
- – Assisting the purchaser before the notary and checking all necessary documentation before signing the title deed.
- – Arranging for the registration of the title deeds at the Land Registry.