Paton & Mayr Lawyers and Partners is a private law practice. Our legal team is committed to respond to the needs of our international clients in Spain.
Our team provides specialist advice on private legal issues in Spain. Our knowledge of the Spanish legal system and our enthusiasm provide the basis of the professional relationships that we maintain with our clients.
We establish a personal relationship with our clients so we can provide legal advice to suit their particular needs and requirements. We firmly believe this is the only way to achieve the mutual understanding that underpins service of the highest quality.
We have access to experienced lawyers who are duly authorised and regulated in the law which they practise.
Our Spanish network assists us to easily sort out the difficulties that can be encountered in many matters. In the majority of cases our access to this network helps us to quickly resolve our Clients’ legal issues.
We prefer to analyse the needs of our clients before taking any legal actions and we draft an extensive report recommending the most beneficial and cost saving options.
WILLS AND PROBATE
We assist our international client to prepare the legal documentation to formalise a Spanish will. From our point of view, we consider that is quite important to formalise a Spanish will if an international client has assets in Spain.
In addition, we have vast experience with administrating deceased states.
The Spanish probate is more procedural than difficult if you are not assisted by an expert advisor.
We deal with the tax liabilities in connection with the probate and we will opt for the best option for the heirs.
Once we have analysed the tax liabilities we will proceed to transfer of the estate to the heirs.
DEBT COLLECTION IN SPAIN
This service is specialized in claiming the payments invoices, breached contracts, bouncing checks, or any other document showing proof of debt, from Spanish debtors.
Given that, our Spanish Lawyers have experience in this kind of procedure and also the Spanish system offers many different procedures to claim this sum of money. The only requirement would be to summit by the Creditor, this kind of documents:
- – Any kind of documents, only it is necessary that has been signed by the debtor.
- – Through invoices, delivery notes or any similar document, or whatever evidence which shows a relationship between Creditor and debtor
Our service will consist in the next steps I will develop the services
- – We analyze the situation of the debtor, and for this, we will collect the necessary documentation from the client.
- – We draft a report offering several options according to the current situation and also we evaluate the options of the success that the creditor will have to collect the debt. We usually offer two alternatives:
- – Negotiating with the debtor the profit solution and trying to avoid to take the legal actions. Therefore we try to reach an agreement or drafting a new contract to reinitiate the legal relationship between the debtor and the creditor.
- – Initial a Procedure against the debtor, depends of the sums of money of the debt, the Spanish legal system offers different legal procedure.
- – We advise Creditors on find out the best way to manage with their credits in Spain and also where asset debtors are located.
Frequently, it usually produces many problems in relation to property matters.
We can provide a complete Spanish property litigation service in relation to property matter in Spain.
The termination of the purchase/sale contracts, you must aware that Spanish legislation and Court protect the rights of the purchasers and also the purchaser not only would be able to recover the deposit, in many cases the compensation would be claimed by the purchaser.
In this department, we can offer the following services:
- – Property Dispute Resolution.
- – Contract Disputes.
- – Landlord/Tenant Disputes.
- – Administrative Litigation.
- – Construction Problems.
- – Property Damages.
- – Guarantee of reimbursement of deposits.
- – Forced Sale.
BANKRUPTCY PROCEEDING IN SPAIN
In basis bankruptcy procedure, is a legal procedure whose main function is collecting debts on behalf of creditors of a business or individual.
It is the most efficient legal procedure for the purchasers of properties who bought properties off plan, and need to recover the sum of money deposited.
Our main function is, assisting the creditor, during the proceeding, preparing the necessary application forms, submitting all documentation which has been required by the judge, and discusses with the administrator each incidence which can produce during the proceeding.
OTHER SPANISH LEGAL SERVICES
INSURANCE CLAIMS: We can assist you when you have an accident in Spain. We claim the proper compensation and take the legal actions when it is required.
FAMILY AND DIVORCE: We effectively matrimonial law, divorce and judicial separation in the Spanish court.
BUSSINES LAW IN SPAIN: We deal with all kinds of commercial agreements. And also we can assist in incorporating a company in Spain and the protection of trademarks and commercial names in Spain. Experts in commercial reviews, due diligence and litigation.
PERSONAL INJURY LAW: Road Traffic accidents, injury in the public places and recover costs from home.
TAX AND ACCOUNTANCY
We act as fiscal representatives in Spain. We offer different packages for international clients in Spain in connection with tax legal issues.
We act for individuals regarding and we assist them with Non-resident income taxes, inheritance tax and also all taxes in connection with the council.